Andy elected MP for Corby and East NorthamptonshirePosted: November 16, 2012
Thank you to everyone who voted for me to be the new Member of Parliament for Corby and East Northamptonshire.
Speaking to the Northamptonshire Telegraph after the results Andy said:
“I feel really proud. This is an incredible honour and now there is a lot of work to do.
“People have put their trust in me to fight for services at Kettering General Hospital and to fight for jobs.
“At this moment what I feel most of all is an awareness that people will be looking at me now to fight for them.”
“I will be working hard in the constituency, holding regular surgeries in all the major towns. People will know where to get me. If they need help, I’ll be available.”
The results of the election are:
- Andy Sawford (Lab) 17,267 (48.41%, +9.71%)
- Christine Emmett (C) 9,476 (26.57%, -15.63%)
- Margot Parker (UKIP) 5,108 (14.32%)
- Jill Hope (LD) 1,770 (4.96%, -9.48%)
- Gordon Riddell (BNP) 614 (1.72%, -2.93%)
- David Wickham (Eng Dem) 432 (1.21%)
- Jonathan Hornett (Green) 378 (1.06%)
- Ian Gillman (Ind) 212 (0.59%)
- Peter Reynolds (Cannabis) 137 (0.38%)
- David Bishop (Elvis) 99 (0.28%)
- Mr Mozzarella (Ind) 73 (0.20%)
- Dr Rohen Kapur (Young) 39 (0.11%)
- Adam Lotun (Dem 2015) 35 (0.10%)
- Chris Scotton (UPP) 25 (0.07%)