Experience CorbyPosted: September 4, 2013
One of my 6 pledges is to help young people find good jobs and support local business. This is why I am delighted to have set an exciting new project with Tresham College called Experience Corby.
Experience Corby is a scheme aimed at young people who have struggled to get a foothold in the jobs market. It seeks to provide young people with a first step on the road to a fulfilling career through gaining work experience with a valued employer in the town.
Would your company consider giving a local young a work experience placement?
The basics of the scheme are as follows:
· Placements would be unpaid, last for between 1 and 4 weeks and take place during October 2013
· Employers will be able to choose the candidate who they feel they can best help
· Young people will be 18 – 24 years of age, unemployed and live locally
· The placement will give the company the chance to see if there is a good match between the young person and any longer term employment and training opportunities
· Your company will gain free local publicity and be seen as demonstrating a strong sense of corporate social responsibility in the community.
This work experience could make all the difference to a young person finding a job. Our intention is to help those who don’t have contacts to break the ‘experience’ barrier – so if you can help, it would be fantastic.
Our Business Briefing is being held on Monday September 16th, 2pm at Tresham College in Corby, where you can find out more about this fantastic project.
If you would like to come along or want further information about Experience Corby, please email me email@example.com or ring my Constituency Office on 01536 264194.
To help with diary management for those who decide to participate in the scheme, there will be a ‘Matching Event’ at Tresham College on the morning of Friday, 27th September 2013 when you will be able to meet young people who are interested in a placement with your company and decide whether there is a good ‘fit’ between what you both can offer.
We hope to see you there and please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.